Request for Validation of Previous Studies (Courses/Credits)
To request the validation of previous studies in the same of other institution, the following documents must be delivered to the program office for evaluation:
1. Form for the validation of studies (disciplines/credits);
2. Syllabi of the courses to be validated;
3. Copy of the student’s academic record or
4. Statement that the student have taken the course, including the name / code of the course, grade, frequency, workload / number of credits, period and signature / stamp of the responsible for issuing the statement.
• Procedure: After the documentation is delivered to the PPGERN office, the request will be evaluated by the Coordination Commission, which will issue a decision on the use of the disciplines and credits requested. Then, the deferred achievements will be posted in the student’s history, available at the Integrated System of Academic Management (SIGAA);
• Validation of previous courses: the courses validated will appear in the list of taken courses, in the current period, being launched one by one. These courses will be included in the calculation of the student’s Academic Performance Index (IRA);
• Validation of credits: this type of validation will be recorded in the student’s academic record only as credits validated, without discriminating the taken courses. The list of validations will include only the total number of hours and the number of credits taken (the name of the subjects will not be specified). At the end of the academic record, an observation will be registered with the number of the process of validation and the institution where the subjects were taken. This type of use is not used in the calculation of the IRA.